Yeah, I'm Still Here...
My apologies folks. Life has been out of control. I decided to just kinda scrap August and try to settle back in for September.
Hope all of you involved in school (teacher, student, parent) have gotten into the swing of things. I really miss being in school. I always liked the idea of getting to start fresh again in the middle of the year. That and the school shopping. I remember spending hours in WalMart and K&B Drugstore trying to determine what kind of planner I wanted. And how was I going to organize my notes? Binder? Notebook? What kind? What color? Should I use pencils, colored pens or ballpoint?
Guess who was NOT a cheerleader in High School.
Bruiser has been gone since Mid-August on a campaign. I've been slowly loosing my mind and resorting to all my single girl ways. I've stopped cooking and basically am surviving off Lean Cuisines. I would Happy Hour with a Communist if it meant I didn't have to drink alone after work. I've never been more productive at work. I'm sleeping in the middle of the bed. The house is immaculate.
And, I don't know how to tell you this people, God help me....I've even worked out a time or two.
Yeah, he needs to come home. I miss him. A lot. A whole hell of a lot.
Here are some of the things I've done to entertain myself in the last few weeks:
1) I survived a Hurricane.
2) I broke a toe/part of my foot. I refuse to go the doctor about this. I just refuse to pay someone to tell me "Stay off it and ice it." Genius.
(I will spare you a picture of that)
3) Last Friday I could NOT have been more excited about cleaning out my cabinets in my kitchen. I took the plunge. I treated myself to a little something special. (Reference Cheerleader comment above)
|I got 2 Swivel Stores for my Spices!!!!|
4) I started a Brunch Club. Okay, that's not really true, I just went to Brunch last weekend with a friend and we've decided we are Brunch People and must do it with more regularity.
5) Have done A TON of shopping. I started redecorating the bedroom (post to come later) and buying a lot of other crap I don't need (but would certainly get an eyebrow raising look from the Bruiser if I brought them home).
|Good Ice Cream bowls!|
6) I signed up for Oprah's LifeClass. I told him today I figured out that I need to enjoy the "Journey" more and worry less about the "Destination" and that I needed to tap into my higher power to no longer fear the fear. I could literally HEAR his eyes roll across 3 time zones.
Wouldn't you be excited to come home to a woman who has nothing but processed, sodium laden food in the freezer. Wine and Diet Cokes in the fridge. Walk into your home to realize some of your shit was thrown away to make room for things like...spice racks and bowls? Try to sleep and fight for bed space while you cover your ears as I wax on about "me being the best me I can be."
Especially when sees what I bought him as a "Welcome Home" present.
Just like your man, there is nothing mine loves more than sitting around and talking about feelings and how he would react in hypothetical situations.